VISINE® offers a range of products that help keep your eyes comfortable, ensuring they look and feel their best.
Dry eyes can make you feel frustrated causing you to be less engaged and disconnected from what is happening around you. Did you know that you have two kinds of tears: reflex tears when you cry, and lubricating tears that spread over the surface of your eye each time you blink? Lubricating tears are essential for healthy eyes because they wash dust and small particles out of the eyes and keep them moist.
What causes Dry Eyes?
While dryness occurs as a natural part of the aging process, many other factors cause the eye to not produce enough lubricating tears or make this tendency worse. Some of these factors include:
- medications like antihistamines, antidepressants, and birth control pills
- dry, smoky, or windy weather conditions
- heaters and air conditioners
- some medical conditions, such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis
- long-term contact lens usage
Dry eye Treatments
Dry eye syndrome is an ongoing medical condition that can't be cured, but the accompanying symptoms of dryness, scratching, and burning can usually be managed and relieved:
- use a humidifier to keep the air around you moist
- avoid contact lenses and eye makeup
- avoid air conditioners, hair dryers, wind, and smoke
- wear wraparound sunglasses when you go outside
VISINE® Refresh provides fast and long relief for dry and red eyes, so you can get back to focusing on what’s important to you.